1. Do I need to prepare a plug?
You only need to connect the solar panel to the device you need to charge (support USB interface), no need to prepare a plug.
2. Does this solar panel charger work with which camera models of ieGeek?
This solar panel is compatible with ieGeek's full range of battery cameras.
3. How can I tell if the solar panel is charging the camera after connecting the solar panel?
When connecting the solar panel to the camera, the charging status (charging icon) will not be displayed immediately. Please exit the current interface and enter the live video interface, then the charging icon will be displayed.
4. Why are solar panels not charging?
In the cloudy days, under the shade, morning, and evening, the current of solar panel is small due to insufficient sunlight. When the charging current is less than 50mA, the camera won't be charged. This is a normal phenomenon, please don't worry. When the sunlight is sufficient, the solar panel will continue to charge the camera.
5. Can I use the solar panel without providing other power to the camera at all?
Solar charging is a slow charging method, and the purpose is to increase battery life. But it doesn't mean that you no longer need to use the power adapter to charge the camera.
6. Under what circumstances do you need to provide other power support for the camera besides the solar panel?
For example, when the camera is triggered by motion frequently or you view the video in the app frequently, the camera will consume battery power very fast. When the power consumption is larger than the charging volume, solar panel cannot provide sufficient power for the camera. In this case, you need to use the power adapter to charge the camera.